Anyone using STL Tones Amp Sims?

Anyone using any of their amp packs? Specifically looking at the Howard Benson pack.

I currently use Kazrog Thermionik with GP for live guitar and it’s working great but one slight annoyance (which ironically was an initial draw to Kazrog…) is the multi-plugin format. This means in GP I have to have loads of different rack panels set up for each amp and is a bit of a kerfuffle.

I’m looking to streamline my GP setup and also upgrade my ampsim and this seems like one a lot of people like. If anyone has it then two questions?

1. are you happy with it!
  2. the interface appears that each amp has pretty much the same controls - do you know if the control ‘type’ is exposed for automation or is it a seperate control per amp? E.g. if I mapped ‘Treble’ to a widget in GP and then changed the amp model within STL, would the widget still control Treble of the new amp or would I need to remap it?

And yes, there is a demo but waiting for a period where I can use the 10days to full effect before I download :upside_down_face:

I haven’t tried STL but looked up the Howard Benson and will now download the trial. I’ve never found an amp sim I’ve liked as much as S-Gear. The only other one I occasionally use is Mercuriall Spark for Marshall tones.

Ah cool - yeah S-Gear is the other option; I know there is the 2.9update coming soon(ish) that will give it a bit of a refresh (not that it needs it by the sounds of it). The plan is to try both out together as they offer similar things.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts on each. What sort of tones are you going for?

If you want to try more, have a look here:

Ah yeah, had forgotten about that thread!

Wow I’m late to the party, like three years ha ! I’ve been dabbling with the STL Amphub for about a week and certainly enjoy it enough to warrant the $10 subscription at this point , used up my free trial week and decided to plough on . Next to no documentation on the control types and midi implementation is bare bones … there are plenty of control types to associate with widgets but it’s far from complete and although changing amps within the plugin is possible with the Amphub presets having widgets stay with their respective amp controls isn’t very intuitive; different models have knobs assigned to the model inherent architecture so mapping widgets is a bit of a nightmare , but that’s part and parcel and to be expected with programming , getting the programming to “pay off” with control is somewhat a black art , making it make music and having instant tones is also a trade off depending on ones approach .

I find some FX , which are post amp and cab modelling don’t even have any assignable controls such as the Orbital Reverb I think , 12 available EFX parameters of which about half of them work , the other half are just blowing in the wind as far as I know , they aren’t mapped to plugin knobs internally within the plugin , only a few like that , considering how many stomp box and FX there really under under the hood , the implementation is still quite usable … Some great sounds for me , old school rock type , like the Hotwatt model of the Hiwatt DR103 amplifier is a game changer for me , it has that trebly squawk that works for gritty rock based riffs , not high gain by any means but high gain is saturated and then some, current modelling market included .

I want to play more than single note chugs on the 7th string … sadly that’s all you ever here these days , no one can actually play guitar any more , that’s a debate for another day lol .

I'm using GP in an unorthodox way as far as I know , driving the front end of a 100 or 50 watt tube amp with GP hosting plugins and models.

What I like about Amphub is that it’s all contained in one plugin , mind you yes I have a rack space for each amp model , but I’ve narrowed it down to just 2 or 3 models that work for me , pretty good for $10 a month mind you and the updates are consistent and continually add functionality , I’m sold for now , meh it’s early on give it a few months , we’ll see …